17 Feb 15 Signs Of Danger In A Marriage.
The enemy is a snake, creepy and sly as he is, he always sneaks in on casual and carefree couples who are not vigilant concerning their marriage.
I understand that we must believe for the best about our marriage, but we must also be sure not to let down our guards in order to notice when the enemy is trying to creep in.
Be sober [well balanced and self-disciplined], be alert and cautious at all times. That enemy of yours, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion [fiercely hungry], seeking someone to devour.
1 Peter 5:8 AMP
When we sleep, the enemy will sow tare (weeds) in our garden of marriage. Matthew 13:25
We should never assume that the devil is happy when we have a great relationship with our spouses. He knows how it will affect his kingdom, he knows he stands to lose a lot of grounds when couples are in agreement.
When a couple is in agreement, the enemy cannot break into their marriage. Click To Tweet
Again I tell you, if two of you on earth agree (harmonize together, make a symphony together) about whatever [anything and everything] they may ask, it will come to pass and be done for them by My Father in heaven. Matthew 18:19 AMPC
We should strive to never let down our guards on our marriages.
Let me share some signs to help guide couples into knowing some danger signs in their relationship.
- You no longer consider God when making decisions concerning your spouse and marriage.
- You no longer miss your spouse when he/she is not around.
- You feel some kind of relief when your spouse travels for a long time.
- You find yourself holding back affection from your spouses.
- You no longer care about your spouse’s well being, his/her presence no longer excites you.
- You do all you can to stay away from your spouse.
- You doubt your spouse’s professed love.
- You wonder if you even love your spouse.
- You now almost cringe at your spouse’s touch.
- You often find yourself wondering why you even married your spouse.
- You backlash at your spouse without any feeling of guilt.
- You now have little or no affection for your spouse.
- You find yourself wishing your neighbour, colleague, boss, employee, friend’s spouse or someone else were your spouse.
- You are more excited being around other people (especially of the opposite sex) than your spouse.
- You now entertain thoughts of “being” with someone else instead of your spouse.
When you find yourself thinking or behaving like any of the above, you should know that there is havoc planned for your marriage.
Also, when you notice your spouse behaving in any of these manners, you should know that you have to arise and do something about your marriage.
Be sober, be vigilant, the devil prowls about looking for the marriage he will devour. Click To Tweet
We must refuse to take anything for granted.
We must always ensure to fix any leak in our marital relationships.
We must always take not of negative changes in our relationships and work towards eradicating them.
- We can depend on God’s word for guidance, refusing to do anything against His word.
- We must depend on His spirit for solutions, because He knows everything we do not know and more.
- We can pray and ask Him for help, knowing that He hears and answers.
For I the Lord your God keep hold of your right hand; [I am the Lord], Who says to you, ‘Do not fear, I will help you. Isaiah 41:13 AMP
Someone rightly said, “Let the challenges you face in marriage drive you to God instead of the Divorce Courts.”
I always like to end posts like this by saying that abuse can lead to death and must be given no tolerance. It should be reported to relevant people and places, and help should be sought.
What are some of the danger signs in marriage you know?
What ways do you think we can turn them around?
Copyright© Ugochi Oritsejolomisan 2016
Sharing With: Wedded Wednesday
BethPosted at 17:05h, 17 February
I was talking with my small group Bible study about this issue just yesterday, Ugochi–how Satan tries to accuse, tempt and sift us and that is never more true than in marriage. Satan does not want to see a healthy, committed, godly marriage, so he will pull out all the stops to “destroy it!” Thanks for always reminding us of this biblical truth because it’s easy to focus on our spouse’s as the troublemakers, when we need to band together with them against the devil and his schemes. Thanks for always speaking the truth, my friend!
Ugochi OritsejolomisanPosted at 12:34h, 18 February
Couples really need to band together against the enemy, he is the enemy not our spouses, like you have pointed out.
Many thanks Beth, I always appreciate your visits.
Have a super blessed day!
CherylPosted at 12:58h, 17 February
Such an edifying post, Ugochi. There is much wisdom in your words. Thank you for being faithful to share what God places upon your heart. Sending you much love today!
Ugochi OritsejolomisanPosted at 14:45h, 17 February
Many thanks! Sending love to you too Cheryl.
I trust you are doing great.
Have a super blessed day!