27 Jun Refuse To Quit.
It happens to everyone sometimes. Everyone, regardless of race, colour, height or weight. It is neither gender specific, nor does it pick on a certain kind of people only. It happens to everyone, at one time or the other. For one reason or the order, the reason it comes upon one may be different from the reason it comes upon the other but it does come to every single person upon planet earth.
It really cannot be avoided because it is kind of one of those things that everyone must learn to deal with and overcome if life and destiny must be fulfilled. It can either put a man under or help him get over to his next level in life, grow in strength, increase in faith, conquer and overcome in a battle. The quitting spirit.
Life is full of many battles, challenges, and obstacles. No man or woman alive can avoid the battles of life, only the dead has escaped.
- When you are doing your very best but seem to be struggling to get ahead.
- When it looks like everyone else is making it but you.
- When all your mates around are married and raising a family.
- When you have written that exam again and again but the results make you look like a dull head.
- When the sickness you bear in your body seems to be ripping you apart even though you pray unceasingly and faithfully.
- When it looks like you may never bear your on child.
- When the child you love so dearly seem to be living the exact opposite of all the good you taught him/her.
- When life’s challenges have made you a mockery of the God you profess to be your Father.
- When life takes you one step forward and a million steps backward.
- When it looks like everyone and everything you know seem to have turned against you.
- You want to give up!
You see, the thought of quitting and give up on your life, dreams and pursuits will always come. Especially when you have been trying to break through an obstacle to no avail.
But the “Give-up demon” cannot prevail on you when you refuse to attack it headlong with God’s word.
For every reason the enemy shows you to make you give up, remind him of the many reasons why you will not give up on God, the many reasons you will win.
- Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you; do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes, I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you with My [victorious] right hand of rightness and justice. Isaiah 41:10 AMP
- But now thus saith the Lord that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. Isaiah 43:1-2
- No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. 1 Corinthians 10:13
- The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations… 2 Peter 2:9a
- …but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:57
- But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. Romans 8:37
- For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world–our faith. Who is the one who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God? 1 John 4:4-5
- I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. John 16:33
- And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9 ESV
- For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11 ESV
- And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me. Psalm 50:15
- Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. Hebrews 10:35-36
- Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Ephesians 6:10
Joseph didn’t give up on God and his dream came true. Genesis 37, 39
Zacharias and Elizabeth did nothing wrong yet had no child but didn’t give up on God and they gave birth to John at their old age.
Paul and Silas did only good, yet found themselves in prison but God delivered them Acts 16:16-40
You too will win, only if you do not give up. Refuse that demon and resist him by God’s word.
Winners don’t quit, not when God is on their side, and God is on your side!
Copyright© Teshuva 2015
Rev.David EmmanuelPosted at 07:09h, 07 July
Pst MRS Jolomi You just made my day!’Refuse to Quit’is beyond world class.It is God class!
Ugochi OritsejolomisanPosted at 17:33h, 08 July
Praise God sir!
ike AniPosted at 03:28h, 01 July
Wow! Breath-taking inspirations that are so encouraging for a positive growth. God bless You.
Ugochi OritsejolomisanPosted at 11:34h, 06 July
Amen! God bless you too!
Cheryl SmithPosted at 07:06h, 29 June
Thank you so much for this encouragement…I really needed it tonight. God bless you. 🙂
Ugochi OritsejolomisanPosted at 11:35h, 06 July
Praise God sis! I am glad it is a blessing!