We all want our marriages to work but we must be willing to invest in it. Couples who have made a success of their marriages did not do nothing to make it so. They were deliberate, intentional and willing. To be a great couple we must constantly and deliberately make progress in our own selves. When we are headed towards greatness in our hearts and character, we make greatness out of our marriages.
Before you complain about your marriage, pay attention to the list below. A list of what great couples do.
1. They consider making their marriage work the only option they have.
2. They give their relationship with their spouse paramount attention.
3. They give room for mistakes from their spouse.
4. They never deliberately set out to hurt their spouse.
5. They consider the good of their spouse and marriage in their every decision and choice.
6. They forgive their spouse knowing that they have hurt them too.
7. They give their spouse their desired attention tirelessly.
8. They learn and improve on ways to appreciate their spouse and bring them pleasure.
10. They appreciate their spouse publicly and privately.
11. They are always willing to go the extra mile for their spouse.
12. They develop themselves and work on the attitude their spouse does not like.
13. They block intruders from their marriage.
14. They intercede for their spouses incessantly.
15. They are great positive influencers of their spouse.
16. They allow love be their motive for everything they think, say or do in their marriage.
17. They always pursue peace with their spouse.
18. They consider their spouse the best, never comparing them with another, even in their thoughts,
19. They use right and uplifting words only, to or about their spouse.
20. They consider their spouse a blessing to them.
21. They glory in their spouse’s strengths and pray for their weaknesses.
22. They pray for themselves asking God to make them better persons, hence better wives or husbands for their spouse.
23. They know they are not perfect so they do not expect perfection from their spouse.
24. They protect their spouse from negative influences and influencers, praying them out in the spirit.
25. They know when their spouse is hurting and create the right atmosphere to ease the pain.
26. They are always seeking for ways to help their spouse.
27. They are their spouse’s number one cheer leader, encourager and supporter.
28. They know that with God as the foundation, centre and anchor of their marriage, they can rest in His grace.
Be completely humble and gentle; Be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the spirit through the bond of peace. – Ephesians 4:2-3 NIV
Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. – 1 Peter 4:8 NIV
For I know the plans I have for you, ‘Declare The Lord,’ plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. – Jeremiah 29:11 NIV
If every man and wife, take time to rest on The Holy Ghost to be and do all of those, a joy filled and fulfilling marriage is awaiting.
These are all that I came to mind, I can imagine there are more,
What would you add?
Copyright© Teshuva 2015
Photo Credit: Widescreen Wallpapers
Sharing With: Wedded Wednesday