12 Jan Marriage Meditations.
God created marriage, He joined the first husband and wife and left them a manual for running their home. For any marriage to succeed, it must be run by the word of God. The word of God has transforming power, plus it is light that puts the enemy and his works of darkness to flight. Keeping God’s word before us all the time will make us better men and women, hence better marriages.
I want to share some verses of scriptures that can improve the health of our marriages as we meditate, observe and apply them in our lives and marriages.
2. Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding. In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6 (AMP)
3. Let marriage be held in honour (esteemed worthy, precious, of great price, and especially dear) in all things. Hebrews 13:4 (AMP)
4. Love each other with genuine affection,[a] and take delight in honouring each other. Romans 12:10 (NLT)
5. Be gentle forbearing with one another and, if one has a difference (a grievance or complaint) against another, readily pardoning each other; even as the Lord has freely forgiven you, so must you also forgive. Colossians 3:13 (AMP)
6. Love endures long and is patient and kind; love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy, is not boastful or vainglorious, does not display itself haughtily. It is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride); it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God’s love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it [it pays no attention to a suffered wrong]. It does not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness, but rejoices when right and truth prevail. Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person, its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and it endures everything [without weakening]. Love never fails [never fades out or becomes obsolete or comes to an end]. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 (AMP)
7. For wherever there is jealousy (envy) and contention (rivalry and selfish ambition), there will also be confusion (unrest, disharmony, rebellion) and all sorts of evil and vile practices. James 3:16 (AMP)
8. Cease from anger and forsake wrath; fret not yourself—it tends only to evildoing. Psalm 37:8 (AMP)
9. Any kingdom that is divided against itself is being brought to desolation and laid waste, and no city or house divided against itself will last or continue to stand. Matthew 12:25 (AMP)
10. Two are better than one, because they have a good [more satisfying] reward for their labor. Ecclesiastes 4:9 (AMP)
11. Again I tell you, if two of you on earth agree (harmonize together, make a symphony together) about whatever [anything and everything] they may ask, it will come to pass and be done for them by My Father in heaven. Matthew 18:19 (AMP)
12. Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. Matthew 18:18 (AMP)
13. Behold! I have given you authority and power to trample upon serpents and scorpions, and [physical and mental strength and ability] over all the power that the enemy [possesses]; and nothing shall in any way harm you. Luke 10:19 (AMP)
14. So be subject to God. Resist the devil [stand firm against him], and he will flee from you. James 4:7 (AMP)
15. Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them. Colossians 3:18-19 (NIV)
16. Hear counsel, receive instruction, and accept correction, that you may be wise in the time to come. Proverbs 19:20 (AMP)
17. This Book of the Law shall not depart out of your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, that you may observe and do according to all that is written in it. For then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall deal wisely and have good success. Joshua 1:8 (AMP)
18. Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh; is there anything too hard for Me? Jeremiah 32:27 (AMP)
19. Repay no one evil for evil, but take thought for what is honest and proper and noble [aiming to be above reproach] in the sight of everyone. Romans 12:17 (AMP)
20. And let us not lose heart and grow weary and faint in acting nobly and doing right, for in due time and at the appointed season we shall reap, if we do not loosen and relax our courage and faint. Galatians 6:9 (AMP)
I know there are many more Bible verses that might be added.
Please share in the comment box if any comes to your mind.
Also share any one I have shared here that has imparted you and you marriage.
Copyright© Ugochi Oritsejolomisan 2015
Photo Credit: Express
Sharing With: Wedded Wednesday