I am not given to use negative sounding titles, but I had to get your attention with this one. Believe me, I do not recommend, encourage or suggest in any way that you wreck your marriage.
I wrote this specially for those who think that marriage is something you can joke around with. Those who are ready to change spouses like they would a garment, those who do not know the relationship between their marriage and the tree, those who do not take their marriage vows seriously, those who would love their marriage to work but are ignorantly or carelessly ruining it, those who believe that how they handle their marriage has no eternal implications.
This list is in no particular order…
1. Consider yourself first… Always..
2. Always remind your spouse of how good you are and how bad he/she is.
3. Never stop recounting offense.
4. Never admit wrong.
5. Make sure you do for others what you would never do for your spouse, and make sure your spouse knows about it too.
6. Ensure your spouse knows how much you loathe his or her family.
7. Be consistent in comparing your spouse to others in your thoughts, words and actions.
8. Never commend or appreciate your spouse.
9. Always withhold your body from your spouse.
10. Do not work on being temperate, as often as you can, be angry with your spouse… And make sure your words go every inch of the way to show it.
11. Always discuss your spouse in the negative with friends, family or whoever cares to listen.
12. Keep secrets from your spouse.
13. Give no gifts to your spouse, or better still, give him or her what you want, not what they want or need.
14. Make sure you flirt with other people before him or her.
15. Never listen to your spouse or make efforts to please him or her.
16. Remember to tell or show your spouse how worthless he or she is.
17. Make sure you pitch your children against your spouse.
18. Ensure you never agree with your spouse.
19. Never ask God for help to be a better husband or wife.
20. Never follow God’s word for marriage.
21. Never pray for your spouse.
The disunited household will collapse. Luke 11:17 AMP
He who diligently seeks good seeks God’s favor, but he who searches after evil, it shall come upon him.
Proverbs 11:27 AMP
I am hoping that you who are reading this write now do not belong to any of the category of people In the beginning. But I seriously hope that you can share this with someone who you think does not understand marriage or is being careless about how they deal with their spouse. And I am hoping that this post will jolt them into changing their perspective and attitude towards their marriage.
Love endures long and is patient and kind … 1 Corinthians 13:3-4 AMP
However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband. Ephesians 5:33 NIV
The list is long I must admit, but hardly conclusive.
What do you think can be added?
What do you think bout this list?
Copyright© Teshuva 2014
Photo Credit(Image Only): Wikimedia
Sharing With: Wedded Wednesday