16 Jun Why I Write On Marriage
I have a feeling some people might wonder why a high percentage of my posts here on Teshuva are on marriage. I have wondered too myself; why don’t I just stop, is it not getting too much, is it not getting boring?
Well, I have thought about it and have realized some reasons why I keep writing on marriage once every week. When I realized these, I received courage to keep on writing even though some salient points will be repeated in many posts, even though some may think some writings are too narrow minded, and some may think marriage really has nothing to do with God.
Now here are the reasons I keep writing:
- Family is VERY IMPOTANT TO GOD. Marriages begin families, so the health of a marriage is very important to God, what is important to God should be important to us. Everything God created is important to Him, talk more of that which involves the one thing He created in His image and likeness. The concept of marriage was introduced from the very beginning. Genesis 1: 26-28, Genesis 2: 24
God will achieve His purpose with FAMILY, which is made up individuals. God’s covenant with Abraham was not for himself alone but for his family too. Genesis 17: 12-13
Read further: Psalm 103:17, Ephesians 6, Colossians 3:20-21, Acts 16:11-15, Acts 16:31-33
- Marriage does not end with couples; the state of a marriage affects children. A healthy marriage will mostly produce healthy children. When marriages are troubled, children in the home are adversely affected.
- A healthy marriage will improve the health of the church and God’s kingdom. Making God proud and satisfied. When homes do not work, the church and God’s kingdom is troubled too. The collapse in family life has affected the overall health of The Church of Christ. When marriages are troubled, family is affected. The church and world are made up of families; troubled families lead to a troubled world. I believe that the break down in marriage and families contribute a whole lot the mayhem in the world today.
- When a marriage is troubled, the couple will lose happiness. Every other thing and person in their lives will be affected, their jobs, their friends, their parents, extended families and their health. This moves me to keep writing.
- I am learning a lot in marriage. As I write I also learn how to work my marriage, many times counseling couples has taught me on pitfalls to avoid in my own marriage and as I share some of those things, it helps me to internalize them some more.
- I just love to write. I have been writing since I was a young child. Poems, songs, stories… It is in me; something I have passion for, and a way to express God’s thoughts, via His word, in and through me.
So, there they are. Reasons I keep writing on marriage. Every week!
Do you understand why I write now?
Copyright© Ugochi Oritsejolomisan 2014
Photo Credit: Wallpapers