31 Mar Encouragement For The Weary Spouse
In some marriages you might find that one of the spouses are the ones doing nearly all the work for the success of the marriage. So many times they get really tired and almost exhausted from doing all the work.
- They are the only ones that remember the special days and try to initiate a little or big something to memorize it.
- They are the ones always saying sorry or seeking peace and harmony in the marriage.
- They are the ones always eager to create the right atmosphere in the home.
- They are the ones who always sweat to ensure that the marriage is growing and moving from where it is.
- They are the ones who always give and give and never get tired of giving… but now they are exhausted.
…but David encouraged himself in the Lord his God. 1 Samuel 30:6
I want to encourage any exhausted spouse, please re-energize yourself. Encourage yourself even if there is no one to encourage you; refuse to stay exhausted. If exhaustion is not managed and dealt with it can lead to depression and frustration.
Frustrated people often make wrong decisions, if you stay exhausted long enough you might end up making the marriage unbearable by your attitude or worse still one day you might pick up your bags and leave.
Fight off frustration and give yourself reasons to keep on, so that you get invigourated again.
- You are fighting a good course
- You are doing the right thing
- No one should make you change from good to bad
- When you do your part, God will take care of the rest
So let’s not allow ourselves to get fatigued doing good. At the right time we will harvest a good crop if we don’t give up, or quit.I know it is not easy always being the only one on the giving side especially when you are not being appreciated. Galatians 6: 9 (MSG)
I encourage you to receive strength and keep giving, knowing that it is a seed you are sowing into your marriage and you will reap the harvest.
When you keep sowing into your spouse and marriage, you give God the opening to come right where you are and make the necessary changes in order for you to start to receive the same things you have been giving to your spouse.
Giving up or holding back will do nothing but suffocate your marriage and probably cause it to end in a disaster.
I write to encourage you not to allow weariness in your spirit, mind or body when it comes to investing in your marriage. Spend time with God knowing that He only is the source of your strength, vigour, hope and reward. Even when it seems like you are not receiving anything back from all your labour to make your marriage work, God is able to turn it around for you if you do not give up or give in.
Keep loving, keep encouraging, keep giving to your wife or husband …. you will not lose your reward, even in your marriage.
Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again. Luke 6: 38
How do you encourage yourself?
1. When it looks like you keep giving in your marriage and your spouse only keeps receiving.
2. When your spouse, for the efforts you make in your marriage does not appreciate you.
Copyright© Ugochi Oritsejolomisan 2014
Photo Credit: Wallpapers
Sharing With: Wedded Wednesday