29 Jul How You Can Pray For Your Marriage
With the turbulence in marriages these days hitting both the high and low, cutting across every status group, the need for deliberate, intense and relentless prayers cannot be stronger. We cannot leave our marriages to chance any more, we must be proactive realizing that the enemy is always on his toes and on the look out for the next strike. We must not only wait to defend, but we must get into the offensive line, we must get on the attack.
Praying God’s word is one way to stay on the attack against the enemy in our marriages. The word of God is a powerful tool against the enemy and mixed with faith the enemy stands no chance against our marriages.
Below is a list of 8 word based prayer points we can prayer for our marriages to stand strong in these times. This is by no means exhaustive as searching the scriptures will provide many more. For those who are already intentionally praying for our marriages it can be an addition to what we already have.
For those who have not started deliberate prayers for there marriages, it will then be a guide and invitation to dig into God’s word to find more scriptures to pray with as it relates to your marriage.
So here they are:
1. Pray that God will truly unite your hearts with each other and make you one in deed.
Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and shall become united and cleave to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. Genesis 2:24 KJV
2. Pray that God will cause your love for each other to keep increasing.
May the Lord make your love grow more and multiply for each other… 1 Thessalonians 3:12 NCV
3. Pray that God will help you copy Him and walk in love. That God will make your marriage an example of His love to the world.
THEREFORE BE imitators of God copy Him and follow His example, as well-beloved children imitate their father.
And walk in love, esteeming and delighting in one another as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us… Ephesians 5:1-2 AMP
4. Pray that God will cause you to care for one another above self.
Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another; Romans 12:10 KJV
5. Pray that God will keep helping you to keep your marriage pure and above reproach, and help you stay faithful to each other.
Give honour to marriage, and remain faithful to one another in marriage. God will surely judge people who are immoral and those who commit adultery. Hebrews 13:4 NLT
6. Pray that God will lead you and your marriage in the paths of righteousness and deliver you and your marriage from the enemy and all his plans.
…He leads me in the paths of righteousness uprightness and right standing with Him–not for my earning it, but for His name’s sake. Psalm 23:3 AMP
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. Matthew 6:13 NIV
7. Pray that as you remain in God and His word, His presence will be strong in your marriage.
Remain in me, and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in me. John 15:4 NLT
8. Pray that no weapon formed against your marriage shall prosper. Whether financial hardship, lies or gossips, suspicions or bitterness… Also, arise and condemn any known or unknown tongue or thing that is risen or that will rise against your marriage.
So they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man put asunder (separate). Matthew 19:6 AMP
No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. Isaiah 54:17 (a) KJV
So how do you pray for your own marriage? Did you find this helpful in your desire to intentionally uphold your marriage in prayer?
Copyright© Ugochi Oritsejolomisan 2013