This is a sequel to the post “15 Reasons She Won’t Marry You” which I shared HERE.
Sometimes we find single men who are attracted to a lady yet are very hesitant to take the bold step of proposing marriage; even when they feel led to. Why do most men get tongue tied when they stand before a lady whose presence causes their hearts to skip several beats per second? Why do some of them dilly-dally, procrastinate and/or completely back out of a relationship with a lady who at first they thought would make them “the perfect wife”?
I spoke to some men and their responses informed this compilation, I know this is not exhaustive because some men might not find all their reasons listed below.
Why might he be hesitant to commit to you sister?
1. You do not carry yourself with dignity or confidently.
2. You do not treat men or anyone with respect. You “seem” to be too full of yourself.
3. You won’t come straight with him.
4. He smells an unnecessary desperation from the way you place yourself in the relationship. (You won’t let him do the wooing)
5. He is still wondering if you would be able to yield to his leadership.
6. You give the impression you are more interested in stuff he gives than him.
7. You seem to be every man’s lady.
8. You are domineering and always want it your way.
9. Your “over-sensitivity” confuses him.
10. You are not courteous.
11. You are too loud and lousy.
12. He cannot trust you to be where you say you are.
13. You seem to always want to “rub shoulders” with him.
14. He has reasons to doubt your Christ followership.
15. He is too lily-livered.
16. You are not just the one for him.
My dear girlfriend, if you find yourself exhibiting one or more of these traits from numbers 1-14 (I believe we all know our short comings), you can turn to God for help and transformation. He can by His Holy Spirit work a work in you to bring out the best in you and put those repelling attributes under. When this happens, you attract and keep attracting the “one” for you.
He is working that work in me, so I can testify!
Over to you now! What would you add to this list? Do you have a story to tell?
© 2013 ugochi-jolomi.com