The signs are all here that this world is getting ready for a wrap up. A close read of the Holy Scriptures will reveal that all current happenings are not strange to God and should not be to His children. While the prophesied gloom and doom is on going, the rising and shinning of God’s Church is sure.
Arise [from the depression and prostration in which circumstances have kept you—rise to a new life]! Shine (be radiant with the glory of the Lord), for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you! For behold, darkness shall cover the earth, and dense darkness [all] peoples, but the Lord shall arise upon you [O Jerusalem], and His glory shall be seen on you.
And nations shall come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising. Isaiah 60:1-3 (AMP)
Something bothers me though; it does seem like some believers have slipped and slept off. They have forgotten that Jesus has prophesied that…
…the love of [a]the great body of people will grow cold because of the multiplied lawlessness and iniquity, Matthew 24:12 (AMP)
- Some have denied God outrightly, saying they now have doubts as to whether God truly exists. While some have not spoken out but have simply refused to acknowledge Him any more.
- Some others have taken His race for granted and gone off into the world thinking to come back to God just before the trumpet sounds.
- Some others keep up with the the Christian activities, language, dress codes and all, but have been famished of God and His word, and therefore have fallen into the many deceits of the enemy. The enemy keeps them from God’s presence and word so there is no more substance to their profession and faith.
- Some have run off with “baal” putting any and everything above God in their lives.
All of these bother me…
The pressure is on us dear readers, more than ever, to slip away from the tenets of our faith and frolic with the world.
- The temptations are enormous.
- The pull is strong.
- The busyness is distracting, and defying.
We must put up a fight!
Fight the good fight of the faith; lay hold of the eternal life to which you were summoned and [for which] you confessed the good confession [of faith] before many witnesses. 1 Timothy 6:12 (AMP)
Therefore, my dear ones, as you have always obeyed [my suggestions], so now, not only [with the enthusiasm you would show] in my presence but much more because I am absent, work out (cultivate, carry out to the goal, and fully complete) your own salvation with reverence and awe and trembling (self-distrust, with serious caution, tenderness of conscience, watchfulness against temptation, timidly shrinking from whatever might offend God and discredit the name of Christ). Philippians 2:12 (AMP)
- We must fight for the salvation of our loved ones.
- We must fight for the salvation of backsliding or backslidden people we know or hear of.
- We must team up with God and resist the enemy over the souls Jesus has given His life for.
Like me I know sometimes you have had to shake yourself into truth, jump on your feet and yell to yourself, “I will not be swallowed by this world!”
- We must fight for the salvation of our souls! (Relentlessly)
- We must fellowship with God! (Intensely)
- We must pray! (Earnestly)
- We must study God’s word! (Purposefully)
- We must be His witnesses! (Intentionally)
- We must love! (Unconditionally)
God has always had a remount of men who will not deny Him. I have made up my to be part of that remnant, I will not sleep the sleep of death. I will not allow the demon of backsliding perch on me. Know that this demon comes subtly and we must fight it to a stop.
It is a battle we must fight without ceasing, because our eternity is at stake. And it is a fight with a guaranteed outcome; Victory. That is, if only we fight.
…thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 15: 57 (ESV)
What’s your plan?
Do you plan to be part of the remnant?
Are you fighting?
Copyright© Teshuva 2015