It is funny how husbands and their wives do things to each other, things they do not like and cannot stand if done to them and then find it hard to do for, or to them those things they themselves desire. As I sat before a couple recently and thought about their marriage, my marriage and many others I know, I thought of some things that husbands and wives do that they cannot take or at least take nicely from their spouses.
Of course there are exceptions, but on a general note, I have discovered it to be the same in most marriages.
For Most Wives…
1. They nag a lot but cannot stand a tiny bit of nagging from their husbands
2. They always expect perfection from their husbands but get upset when he expects it of them.
3. They always want the house clean, unless of course their good selves messes it up. Lol!
4. They want to be treated like a queen but hardly able to treat their husbands like a king.
5. Always want their husbands to listen to aaaaallllll they have to say, but go “I am tired” when he wants to talk.
There may be more you want to add…
For Most Husbands
1. They often expect an apology even when they are wrong, but cannot stand it when their wives do same.
2. They are often quick to point out wrong in or by their wives but get upset when their own wrongs are pointed out.
3. They often want to talk about their past relationships with the opposite sex to their wives if any, but cannot stand to listen if their wives want to share theirs too. Lol
4. When their health is challenged they want to be babied and pampered and thoroughly looked after but they cannot or do not know how to stand it when the same attention is demanded of them.
5. They often expect respect and honour but get angry when their wives state their need to be respected too.
You may want to add some more…
You know, it is okay to expect good from your spouse, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it as long as you do the good he or she deserves or expects from you too. It should go both ways or it will hardly work smoothly. To put it in God’s own words;
So then, whatever you desire that others would do to and for you, even so do also to and for them, for this is (sums up) the Law and the Prophets. Matthew 7:12 AMP
This scripture works very well in marriages too, or don’t you think?
Copyright © Teshuva 2014