It is January, still early in the year and, there is still lot of positivity, hope and pomp in our hearts and in the air like at the beginning of each New Year. I believe a positive stance in life is an invaluable asset to every mind that desires success, for you cannot become what you do not believe and expect.
I also know that some of us are somewhat nervous about the year, wondering about so many things; will I make it, will I succeed, will I survive… How will I make it, how will I succeed, how will I survive?
What kind of troubles will I have to face? Will I be able to handle them, will I overcome them, will I survive them?
I know that with all the declarations and prophecies over our lives this year will come trials, tribulations and challenges. No, I am not a doom prophet; I only want to remind us that this year like past years will have its share of challenges.
The challenges may come in different forms and degrees but no matter how much we wish them away, we will have mountains to climb, level, go through, go round or bring down.
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33 NIV
Troubles are part of this side of life and will be part of this year too. As long as we are here, we will have troubles to deal with.
Not End Of Story
Like many of you know, that is not the end of the story.
Now this is what the Lord says. He created you, people of Jacob; he formed you, people of Israel. He says, “Don’t be afraid, because I have saved you. I have called you by name, and you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you. When you cross rivers, you will not drown. When you walk through fire, you will not be burned, nor will the flames hurt you. Isaiah 43:1-2 NCV
From what we have read, God will not leave us to go it alone. He will not allow the challenges of this year to swallow us up, because He will be with us to help us, we will be on the victory side. This means that…
- For every sickness that the enemy will try to put in you, God will arise as health
- For every temptation that will come your way, there will be an open door of escape
- For every test you will have to face, The Holy Spirit will be there to help you pass
- For every tear the enemy will dare make you cry, God will dry your eyes and restore your joy
- For every scarcity he will want to introduce, you will have surplus
- For every confusion he has prepared, God has provided direction
- For every deceit he plans to sell to you, God will be your revelation…
God did not bring you into the New Year to leave you. He has brought you to take you through; He will not leave you just like you came in but will make you much better.
You must be ready, no matter how much God wants to walk you through, if you do not get up and follow, He will not drag you. You must sharpen your spiritual senses to recognize when God is signaling you to move and when He wants you stay still, to know the when, the where, the how and the what for your success and victory.
- You must seek to know Him better as you study the Bible. Until you know Him via his Word, you may not be able to recognize Him when you see Him, or know His voice or words when he speaks to you.
- You must spend time with him in prayer and fellowship. That is one sure way to get to know Him intimately so as never to miss Him.
- You must practice His word as you take practical steps to obey as much of His commands you know, for your blessing is tied so strongly to your obedience.
These are 3 major ways you tone up your spiritual muscles, adjust and fine tune your spiritual eyes and ears to enable you follow His lead and stay with Him as He walks you through the challenges this year will present.
Kill The Fear
Do not fear for God is with you. He has promised never to leave or forsake you. And He has promised to help you through the year, and make you all that He has promised and destined you to be; The head and not the tail, a success and not a failure, a victor and not a victim, the first and not the last, more than a conqueror, a city set on a hill, a light to reign over darkness, a King and a priest, a special treasure, a sought for in your generation… and many more.
Your success this year is a done deal as far as God is concerned; you only have to keep up your end, by killing fear and trusting Him all the way!
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. Isaiah 41:10
Are you having fears and doubts in your heart about how this year will be? Do you have confidence in God’s promised presence and help?
Copyright © Teshuva 2014
Photo Credit: Herald