Okay, I know some people will differ here, but I am only sharing my belief and thoughts. It might help someone who needs some sincere answers, but do not get upset and speak harsh words if it does not go down well with you, just skip this post and read the next. With that out of the way…now down to the post.
I interact a lot with single friends and relatives and they always ask why they cannot kiss their fiancé or fiancée. We all know that the Bible is very clear on abstinence until marriage (Hebrews 13:4), we also know that fornication or adultery is not acceptable in God’s kingdom (1 Corinthians 6:9). But the word or act of kissing is not specifically mentioned. So why do I think it is not proper to kiss one whom you are dating or courting?
1. I believe that kissing (the interlocking and inter mingling of lips and tongues) is all part of the sexual intercourse process. Just like touching and fiddling with each other’s’ bodies. Or is it not?
2. Some say they can kiss as long as they do not have sex. But continuous kissing, no matter how strong you are, will keep weakening your defences and one day bam! You will commit the act of fornication. Do not give the devil an opportunity to cause you to defile your marriage bed.
Ephesians 4:27 (GW)
Don’t give the devil any opportunity to work.
Kissing has the tendencies to make you want more…
3. Kissing will always leave something in your heart: lust. We can all agree that lust is sin, and the truth is that when you kiss, it leaves all your sexual hormones hanging in the air and you will keep thinking of what it might have been like having sex with the person, you start imagining “stuff” and that is lust.
Matthew 5:28 (ERV)
But I tell you that if a man looks at a woman and wants to sin sexually with her, he has already committed that sin with her in his mind.
Matthew Henry has this to say about this verse:
We are here taught, that there is such a thing as heart-adultery, adulterous thoughts and dispositions, which never proceed to the act of adultery or FORNICATION; and perhaps the defilement which these give to the soul… Whosoever looketh on a woman (not only another man’s wife, as some would have it, but any woman), to lust after her, has committed adultery with her in his heart, Mat_5:28. This command forbids not only the acts of fornication and adultery, but, (1.) All appetites to them, all lusting after the forbidden object; this is the beginning of the sin, lust conceiving (Jam_1:15); it is a bad step towards the sin; and where the lust is dwelt upon and approved, and the wanton desire is rolled under the tongue as a sweet morsel, it is the commission of sin, as far as the heart can do it; there wants nothing but convenient opportunity for the sin itself.
4. I believe that kissing is a very special thing, and some kind of exchange occurs when you kiss. Saliva exchange, which goes just beyond physical contact which I believe, should be saved until your wedding day. When you kiss someone, you are giving yourself to that person and that sort of giving according to my understanding of scriptures should wait until after marriage, when you can then freely and legally give your bodies to yourselves. When you “join” with some, you become one with the person. (1 Corinthians 6:16)
So when you kiss this person you are making yourself one with the person before you are “legally” pronounced as “one”.
5. You can decide to give yourselves something to look forward to, something to get really excited about on your wedding day. You know, when you do all the kissing and touching, there is really no excitement about “that kiss” anymore.
My first kiss with my husband took place after we had said our vows, before God and the Church, and I tell you, it felt very special, it was like a seal upon our vows and our hearts. I prepared for it and was anticipating…
You too can make it special, you can decide to wait for that day when you say to him or her, you have me from now on, all of me…
Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
Make it special!!!What do you think about this? Scroll further down to the comment box and share your thoughts…